Wednesday 12 January 2011

Shrek Cake Pops - Om nom nom!

I was commissioned to make some Shrek cake pops for a friend last week, and thought I'd share the results with you. These were definitely some of the fiddliest to make - after glueing M&Ms to jellybeans to make Shrek ears, I spent an hour or two drawing and cutting out smiles and eyes from ricepaper.

The Gingerbread Man (Gingy) ones were a particular challenge - their cuffs, belts, eyebrows and mouths were all fondant (argh - that dreaded 'f' word again!) not to mention that the candy coating dries quickly so you've got to work fast!

Maybe it's time for me to start working with proper piping icing. I mean, past forays into piping bags have usually ended with me covering my hands in chocolate a la Lady Macbeth (What, will these hands ne'er be clean?) not to mention the kitchen surfaces and floor, but perhaps now is the moment. Although I would prefer that my cake pops didn't end up on Cake Wrecks (unless of course they were featured on their Sunday Sweets which is fine by me!) so might keep the fondant on hand, just in case.

Anyway, I digress (this tends to be a running theme with me) so here are the results of my Gingy and Shrek cake pops:




Well, they seemed to go down very well with the client, who left me glowing praise on my FB status, so all's well that ends well. 

Hmmm... thinking about it - might have a couple of those Gingy ones still in my tin of tester pops (like tester pots - geddit?!) and spares. OM NOM NOM!

1 comment:

  1. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! custom birthday cakes los angeles

    ReplyDelete