Friday 21 January 2011

Trains, trains, and err... football shirts?

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles', does it? Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

So, a few orders this week - locomotives, football shirts and two big party orders for this weekend. First up - the shirts. Was a bit worried about the colour of the West Ham shirts, I have to say that it's *really* hard to make maroon from candy melts and food colouring without it going more brown than red. I'm hoping the result isn't too far off reality. The football shirts were part of a larger order, but I won't post it in its entirety in case the recipient-to-be stumbles across this blog via her sister's Facebook page (well, a girl can dream, can't she?).




Next up are the trains. Now these weren't for a firm order, it was just prototypes for a phone enquiry I received this week. There are quite a few bits I'm going to tweak for the final product - I don't like the size of the windows on the locomotive, for example, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek seeing as you've taken the time to come and visit:






Yeah, yeah - I know. The roof is a bit wonky on the second carriage, and the windows could be better, but still. For a first attempt it's not so bad. And once I've got the shape and design down pat, should be able to tweak to make them look like Thomas! Now that would be cute!


As for the party orders, well, they're my project for this evening so no photos as yet. I'm sure I'll have a few more to share with you tomorrow - MY WHITE CANDY MELTS HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!


Happy weekend, pop fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment